Name: TANG Qiuhong
Current Appointment: Professor
B.E. 1997/09-2001/07 Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
M.E. 2001/09-2003/07 Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.
PhD 2003/10-2006/09 University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan.
Areas of Specialization:
Climate change, Hydrological modeling, Hydrological monitoring and forecast, Remote sensing hydrology
Young and Middle-aged Leading Scientists, Engineers and Innovators, Ministry of Science and Technology of China (2016)
LIU Guangwen Hydrology Award for Youth, Chinese Hydraulic Engineering Society (2016)
Morning Star (Qimingxing) Excellent Youth, Beijing branch of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (2015)
Excellent in the final review of the CAS Hundred Talents Program, Chinese Academy of Sciences (2015)
University Science and Technology Progress Awards, Ministry of Education of China (2007)
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japan Fellowship (2003-2006)
Research Associate, Civil and Environmental Engineering Department, University of Washington, Seattle WA. 10/2006 - 09/2010
Professor, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research (IGSNRR), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Beijing China 10/2010 -Now
Tang, Q. and Ge, Q. (Editors), 2018, Atlas of Environmental Risks Facing China under Climate Change, IHDP/Future Earth-Integrated Risk Governance Project Series, Springer Singapore. doi: 10.1007/978-981-10-4199-0.
Tang, Q. and Oki, T. (Editors), 2016, Terrestrial Water Cycle and Climate Change: Natural and Human-Induced Impacts, American Geophysical Union (AGU) Geophysical Monograph Series, Vol 221, John Wiley & Sons. doi: 10.1002/9781118971772.
Tang, Q., Zhang, X., Duan, Q., Huang, S., Yuan, X., Cui, H., Li, Z., and Liu, X., 2016. Hydrological monitoring and seasonal forecasting: Progress and perspectives. Journal of Geographical Sciences, 26(7), 904-920, doi: 10.1007/s11442-016-1306-z.
Tang, Q., Huang Z., Liu X., Han S., Leng, G., Zhang, X., Mu, M., 2016. Impacts of human water use on the large-scale terrestrial water cycle. Advances in Earth Science, 30(10): 1091-1099 (in Chinese)
Tang, Q., Zhang, X., and Francis, J. A., 2014. Extreme summer weather in northern mid-latitudes linked to a vanishing cryosphere. Nature Climate Change, 4, 45-50, doi: 10.1038/nclimate2065.
Tang, Q., X. Zhang, Y. Tang, 2013. Anthropogenic impacts on mass change in North China. Geophysical Research Letters, 40, 3924–3928.
Tang, Q., Zhang, X., Yang, X., and Francis, J. A., 2013. Cold winter extremes in northern continents linked to Arctic sea ice loss. Environmental Research Letters, 8, 014036.
Tang, Q., and G. Leng, 2013. Changes in cloud cover, precipitation, and summer temperature in North America from 1982 to 2009, Journal of Climate, 26, 1733-1744.
Major Research Projects:
1. “Changes of vulnerable ecosystems in the arid and semi-arid areas of northern China: Modeling, attribution and trend analysis”, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) 41790424, Sub-project of Major Program, CNY 3,385,000, PI, 2018.01-2022.12.
2. “An integrated water systems model for terrestrial water cycle simulation”, NSFC 41730645, Key Program, CNY 3,250,000, PI, 2018.01-2022.12.
3. The Organization Department of the Central Committee of the CPC, The National Youth Top-notch Talent Support Program in China, CNY 1,700,000, PI, 2015.01-2018.12.
4. “NSFC-NRF Joint Researchers’ Workshop on Geosciences”, NSFC 41681340535, CNY 250,000, PI, 2016.11-2016.12.
5. “Terrestrial water cycle and climate change”, NSFC 41425002, The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, CNY 4,000,000, PI, 2015.01-2019.12.
6. “The impacts of human water use on land surface water and energy fluxes”, NSFC 41171031, CNY 650,000, PI, 2012.01-2015.12.
7. “The regional variation of environmental risk of China and the world”, National Basic Research Program of China 2012CB955403, CNY 6,830,000, PI, 2012.01-2016.12.
8. CAS Hundred Talents Program, Y11S0600K5, CNY 2,000,000, PI, 2010.12-2014.12.
9. Inter-Sectoral Impact Model Intercomparison Project (ISI-MIP), Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK) 01LS1201A, EUR 13,447, Contractor/PI in China, 2012.04-2013.04.
Room 402 , Geographical science building, IGSNRR
11A Da Tun Road
An Wai, Beijing 100101
People’s Republic of China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgUpdated on Dec. 21, 2018