Name: XIA Jun
Profession Hydrology & Water Resources Specialist
Institute of Geographical Sciences & Natural Resources Research,
Chinese Academy of Science
1982-1985 Ph.D. Hydrology & Water resources, Wuhan University (WUHEE)
1978-1981 M.Sc. Hydrology & Water resources, Wuhan University(WUHEE)
1973-1976 Degree, First Class Standing, Water resources, Wuhan University(WUHEE)
Vice-President, International Association of Hydrological Science (IAHS), 2003-2007
Vice-President International Water Resources Association (IWRA) , 2003-2006
Co-Director China-Australia Center on Water Resources Research
1. Xia Jun, Lu Zhang , Changming Liu, & J.J Yui, 2007, Towards Better Water Security in North China, Journal Water Resources Management，21：233-247
2. Xia, J., and Zhang, L.,2005, Climate change and water resources security in North China. In. Wagener, T. et al., eds. Regional Hydrological Impacts of Climatic Chang: Impact Assessment and Decision Making. IAHS Publication No. 295. Wallingford，. pp. 167-173.
3. Xia Jun., Feng Hua-Li, Zhan Che-Sheng and Niu Cun-Wen ,2006, Determination of a Reasonable Percentage for Ecological Water-Use in the Haihe River Basin, China. Pedosphere. 16(1): 563-575.
4. Xia Jun et al., 2005, Sustainable Water Resources Management: Theory, approach & applications, Beijing: Environmental Sciences & Engineering Publication Center, China Chemistry Industry Press (in Chinese).
5. Xia Jun & Zhonggen Wang, 2004, The Renewability of Water Resources and its Quantification of the Yellow River in China, Hydrological Process, Special Issue,Vol.18 2327-2336
6. Xia Jun, Y.H.Zhu & X.H.Wang, 2005, Groundwater Usage in Arid West China: Problems and Remedies, Water International，30(4): 468-476.
7. Xia Jun & Wang Gangsheng, 2005, A Distributed Monthly Water Balance Model for Analyzing Impacts of Land Cover Change on Flow Regimes, Pedosphere.15(6):761-767.
8. Xia Jun, & D.Chen, 2001, Water problems and opportunities in hydrological Sciences in China, Hydrological Science Journal , 46(6), 907-921.
9. Xia Jun et al., 2003, Water Problems and sustainability in North China, IAHS Pub. No. 280, UK, 12-22.
10. Xia Jun and K.Tackeuchi,1999, Barriers to sustainable management of water quantity and quality, Guest Editors for Special Issue, Hydrological Science Journal.44 (4), 503-505;
11. Huang, G.H., and J.Xia , 2001, Barriers to sustainable water quality management, J. of Environmental Management, 61(1), pp1-23.
12. Chen J.Q. and J.Xia, 1999, Facing the challenge: barriers to sustainable water resources development in China, Hydrological Science Journal 44(4), 507-516
13. Xia Jun et al., 2003, Water Problems and sustainability in North China, IAHS Pub. No. 280 (Water Resources System- Water Availability & Global Change), UK, 12-22.
14. Xia Jun, Tan Ge, Li Xin, 2003，Hydrological Modelling of Imperfect Gauged Basins: A New Challenge，IAHS Publication no.279, 145-150, UK,
15. Xia Jun, Wang Gangsheng, Tan Ge，2003，A distributed hydrological model applied to Heihe mountainous basin in western China. IAHS Publication No.282, 268~274, ，UK
16. Xia Jun, et al.,2001, An integrated Hydro-ecological Modeling Approach Applied to the Lake Bositeng Basin in China, Water International, 26(1), 105-118 .
17. Xia Jun, 2002, A system approach to real time hydrological forecasts in watersheds, Water
International, 7(1), 87-97.
18. Xia Jun , 2002, Hydrological Non-linear System: Theory and Approached, Wuhan University Press (in Chinese)
19. Xia Jun, et al., 2001, An Integrated Planning Framework for Management of Flood-Endangered Regions in the Yangtze River Basin, Water International, 26(2), 153-161.
20. Xia Jun , 1999, Water Environmental and eco-system quality assessment, Wuhan University of Hydraulic & Electric Engineering Press (in Chinese)
21. Xia Jun, et al., 2001, Eco-environment quality assessment: a quantifying method and case study in Ning Xia, arid and semi-arid region in China, IAHS Pub. No. 266 (Hydro-ecology: Linking hydrology and Aquatic Ecology) , UK , 41-48.
22. Xia Jun, et al., 2001, Enlightenment on sustainable management of water resources from past practices for the Bositeng Lake basin in Xinjiang, China, IAHS Pub. No. 260 (Regional Management of Water Resources), UK , 41-48.
23. Xia Jun et al., 1999, Study & Practice of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Wuhan Geodesy University Press (in Chinese)
24. Xia, Jun and K.Tackeuchi,1999, Barriers to sustainable management of water quantity and quality, Guest Editors for Special Issue, Hydrological Science Journal.44 (4), 503-505;
25. Xia J., G.H.Huang & B.Brad, 1997, Combination of differented prediction approach and interval analysis for the prediction of weather variables under uncertainty, J. Environmental Management, 49(1), 95-106;
26. Huang, G.H., and J.Xia , 2001, Barriers to sustainable water quality management, J. of Environmental Management, 61(1), pp1-23.
27. Xia, Jun & Zuo Qiting, 2001, Enlightenment on sustainable management of water resources from past practices for the Bositeng Lake basin in Xinjiang, China, IAHS Press, Pub. No. 270 , UK
28. Chen J.Q. and J.Xia, 1999, Facing the challenge: barriers to sustainable water resources development in China, Hydrological Science Journal 44(4), 507-516
29. Xia Jun et al.,1997, A non-linear perturbation model considering catchment wetness and its application in river flow forecasting, Journal of Hydrology, Vol. 200, 164-178.
30. Xia Jun & Hu Baoqing, 1997，Water-related environmental problems and sustainability of water Resources: a case study of the San Hua region, China, Proc. of the International Symposium on Sustainability of water resources under increasing uncertainty, IAHS Press, Pub. No.240, UK.
31. Xia Jun, 1996, A stochastic weather generator applied to hydrological model in climate Impact analysis, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Climatology, No.1-4, 1996,177-184.
32. Xia, Jun,1995, A grey clustering approach applied to environmental impact prediction to wild animals, Proc. of the International Symposium on Man's influence on freshwater ecosystem and water use, IAHS Press, Publ. No.230, 227-236, UK
33. Xia Jun, 1990, A grey system approach applied to catchment hydrology, Proc.of the International Symposium on the hydrologic basis for water resource management, IAHS Press , Publ. No.179, 345-352, UK.