Name: FANG Huajun, Professor, PhD, Synthesis Research Center of Chinese Ecosystem Research Network, Key Laboratory of Ecosystem Network Observation and Modeling, Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Address: 11A Da Tun Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Phone: 86-10-6488-9040，Fax: 86-10-6488-9399
M.S. and Ph.D in Environmental science, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). 2000-2005
B.S. in Geography, Anhui Normal University, China. 1996-2000
2015.12- Professor, Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2007.10-2015.12 Assistant and Associate Professor, Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2013.3-2014.2 Visiting Scholar, University of Michigan, USA
2010.1-2010.12 Visiting Scholar, University of Oklahoma, USA
2005.7-2007.9 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Institute of Geographical Sciences and Natural Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences
The primary emphasis in research of Dr. Fang is concentrated on soil biochemistry, especially on coupling of soil carbon (C), nitrogen (N) and phosphorus (P) cycles and environmental effects. He has worked in the following areas: (1) Linkage between C, N, and P transformations and related functional microbial communities under global change; (2) Mechanisms involved in the nonlinear responses of soil greenhouse gas fluxes to exogenous N and P inputs; (3) Short- and long-term effects of N and P enrichment on C sequestration and organic matter stability in soils.
1. Wang Yongsheng, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Yang Xueming, Xu Minjie, Dang Xusheng, Li Linsen, Wang Lei. Significant regulations of ammonia-oxidizing communities to methane uptake and nitrous oxide emission from the subtropical plantation soil under nitrogen enrichment. European Journal of Soil Biology, 2016, 73: 84-92.
2. Gao Zhaoqin, Fang Huajun*, Bai Junhong, Jia Jia, Lu Qiongqiong, Wang Junjing, Chen Bin. Spatial and seasonal distributions of soil phosphorus in a short- term flooding wetland of Yellow River Estuary, China. Ecological Informatics, 2016, 31: 83-90.
3. Li Xiaoyu, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Dang Xusheng, Xu Minjie, Wang Lei, Si Gaoyue, Geng Jing, He Shun. The contrasting effects of deposited NH4+ and NO3- o n soil CO2, CH4 and N2O fluxes in a subtropical plantation, southern China. Ecological Engineering, 2015, 85: 317-327.
4. Chen Hao, Li Dejun , Geshere A. Gurmesa, Yu Guirui , Li Linghao , Zhang Wei , Fang Huajun, Mo Jiangming . Effects of nitrogen deposition on carbon cycle in terrestrial ecosystems of China: A meta-analysis. Environmental Pollution, 2015, 206:352-360.
5. Wang Yongsheng, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Xu Xiaofeng, Xu Minjie, Wang Lei, Li Xiaoyu, Si Gaoyue, Geng Jing, He Shun. Contrasting effects of ammonium and nitrate deposition on soil CO2 emission in a subtropical plantation of southern China. Biology and Fertility of Soils, 2015, 51:815-825.
6. Yuan Wenping, Cai Wenwen, Anthony L. Nguy-Robertson, Fang Huajun？, Andrew E. Suyker, Chen Yang, Dong Wenjie, Liu Shuguang, Zhang Haicheng. Uncertainty in simulating gross primary production of cropland ecosystem from satellite-based models. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 2015, 207: 48-57.
7. Wang Yongsheng, Cheng Shulan, Yu Guirui, Fang Huajun*, Xu Minjie, Gao Wenlong. Response of carbon utilization and enzymatic activities to nitrogen deposition in three forests of subtropical China. Canadian Journal of Forest Research, 2015, 45: 394-401.
8. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Lin Erda, Yu Guirui, Wang Yongsheng, Xu Minjie, Dang Xusheng, Li Linsen, Wang Lei. Stimulation of microbial activity reduces contents of water-extractable organic carbon in an agricultural soil under elevated atmospheric carbon dioxide concentrations. Biogeochemistry, 2015, 122 (2-3)：253-267.
9. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Wang Yongsheng, Yu Guirui, Xu Minjie, Dang Xusheng, Li Linsen, Wang Lei. Changes in soil heterotrophic respiration, carbon availability, and microbial function in seven forests along a climate gradient. Ecological Research, 2014, 29(6): 1077-1086.
10. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Yu Guirui, Xu Minjie, Wang Yongsheng, Li Linsheng, Dang Xusheng, Wang Lei, Li Yingnian. Experimental nitrogen deposition alters the quantity and quality of soil dissolved organic carbon in an alpine meadow on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Applied Soil Ecology, 2014, 81:1-11.
11. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Yu Guirui, Yang Xueming, Xu Minjie, Wang Yongsheng, Li Linsheng, Dang Xusheng, Wang Lei, Li Yingnian. Nitrogen addition changed the composition and stability of soil organic matter in an alpine meadow on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. European Journal of Soil Science, 2014, 65: 510-519.
12. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Yu Guirui, Jules Cooch, Wang Yongsheng, Xu Minjie, Li Linsen, Dang Xusheng, Li Yingnian. Low-level nitrogen deposition significantly inhibits methane uptake from an alpine meadow soil on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Geoderma, 2014, 213: 444-452.
13. Wang Yongsheng, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Xu Minjie, Dang Xusheng, Li Linsen, Wang Lei. Simulated nitrogen deposition reduces CH4 uptake and increases N2O emission from a subtropical plantation forest soil in southern China. Plos One, 2014, 9: e93571.
14. Xu Minjie, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Gao Wenlong,·Wang Yongsheng, Dang Xusheng. Low-level nitrogen addition promotes net methane uptake in a boreal forest across the Great Xing’an Mountain region, China. Forest Science, 2014, 60: 973-981.
15. Sheng Wenping, Yu Guirui, Fang Huajun, Liu Yingchun, Wang Qiufeng, Chen Zhi, Zhang Li. Nitrogen deposition influences the regional pattern of foliage 15N natural abundance in eastern China. Scientific Reports, 2014, 4: 4249. DOI: 10.1038/srep04249.
16. Sheng Wenping, Yu Guirui, Fang Huajun, Jiang Chunming, Yan Junhua, Zhou Mei. Sinks for Inorganic Nitrogen Deposition in Forest Ecosystems with Low and High Nitrogen Deposition in China. PLoS ONE, 2014, 9(2): e89322. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0089322.
17. Jia Yanlong, Yu Guirui*, He Nianpeng, Zhan Xiaoyun, Fang Huajun, Sheng Wenping, Zuo Yao, Zhang Dayong & Wang Qiufeng. Spatial and decadal variations in inorganic nitrogen wet deposition in China induced by human activity. Scientific Reports, 2014, 4:3763doi:10.1038/srep03763.
18. Gao Wenlong, Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Chen Yan，Yu Guirui, Zhou Mei, Zhang Peilei, Xu Minjie. Effects of simulated atmospheric nitrogen deposition on inorganic nitrogen content and acidification in a cold-temperate coniferous forest soil. Acta Ecologica Sinica, 2013, 23 (2): 114-121
19. Gao Yang, Yu Guirui, He Nianpeng, He Hongling, Wang Qiufeng, Fang Huajun. Is there an Existing Healthy Threshold for Carbon Storage in the Ecosystem? Environmental Science & Technology , 2012, 46, 4687-4688.
20. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Yu Guirui, Zheng Jiaojiao, Zhang Peilei, Xu Minjie, Li Yingnian, Yang Xueming. Responses of CO2 efflux from an alpine meadow soil on the Qinghai Tibetan Plateau to multi-form and low-level N addition. Plant and Soil, 2012, 351:177-190
21. Fang Huajun, Yu Guirui, Cheng Shulan, Zhu Tianhong, Zheng Jiaojiao, Mo Jiangming, Yan Junhua. Nitrogen-15 signals of leaf-litter-soil continuum as a possible indicator of ecosystem nitrogen saturation by forest succession and N loads. Biogeochemistry, 2011, 102: 251-263
22. Fang Huajun, Yu Guirui, Cheng Shulan, Zhu Tianhong, Wang Yuesi Yan Junhua, Wang Miao, Cao Min, Zhou Mei. Effects of multiple environmental factors on CO2 emission and CH4 uptake from old-growth forest soils. Biogeosciences, 2010, 7: 395-407
23. Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Zhu Tianhong, Zheng Jiaojiao, Yang Xueing, Zhang Xiaoping, Yu Guirui. Effects of soil erosion and deposition on soil organic carbon dynamics at a sloping field in Black Soil region, Northeast China. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 2010, 56:521-529.
24. Cheng Shulan, Fang Huajun*, Yu Guirui, Zhu Tianhong, Zheng Jiaojiao. Foliar and soil 15N natural abundances provide field evidence on nitrogen dynamics in temperate and boreal forest ecosystems. Plant and Soil, 2010, 337:285-297
25. Jiang Chunming*, Yu Guirui, Fang Huajun, Cao Guangmin and Li Yingnian. Short-term effect of increasing nitrogen deposition on CO2, CH4 and N2O fluxes in an alpine meadow on the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau, China. Atmospheric Environment, 2010, 44:2920-2926.
26. Fang Huajun, Yu Guirui, Cheng Shulan, Mo Jiangming, Yan Junhua, Li Shenggong. 13C abundance, water-soluble and microbial biomass carbon as potential indicators of soil organic carbon dynamics in subtropical forests at different successional stages and subject to different nitrogen loads. Plant and Soil, 2009, 320: 243-254
27. Fang Huajun, Cheng Shulan, Zhang Xiaoping, Liang Aizhen, Yang Xueming, Drury C F. Impact Of Soil Redistribution In A Sloping Landscape On Carbon Sequestration In Northeast China. Land Degradation & Development, 2006, 17: 89-96
28. Fang Huajun, Yang Xueming, Zhang Xiaoping, Liang Aizhen. Using 137Cs Tracer Technique to Evaluate Soil Erosion and Deposition of a Black Soil in Northeast China. Pedosphere, 2006,16: 201-209
29. Yu Guirui, Fang Huajun, Gao Lupeng, Zhang Wenjuan. Soil organic carbon budget and fertility variation of black soils in Northeast China. Ecological Research, 2006, 21: 855-867.
Updated on Feb. 24, 2016